Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link from Amazon or another of my advertising affliates, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy here.
My favorite part of summer is flip flops! It’s my favorite type of sandal to wear. I will honestly wear flip flops anytime it’s over 50 degrees. I thought it would be fun to create a flip flop summer sign using the new curved text feature in Cricut Design Space for this months Craft and Create Cricut Challenge.
At Target in the dollar spot I found this double sided black circle sign. Black signs our perfect for bright colors to pop off of them. Plus I knew I had some vinyl that would would perfectly for this project.
Below are some affiliate links and I may make a commission for purchases made through the following links.
Supplies for Flip Flop Summer Sign:
Let’s Craft and Create a Sign
– in Cricut Design Space™ I added a circle the size of my sign from the shapes icon
– Next I typed the text for my saying. I found it was easier to curve the text if I did 1 or 2 words together. So I did the text the best together and then the word memories by itself.
– I moved the text to where I wanted it on the circle and then curved it.
I curved a little at a time. You curve the text by sliding the small circle.
– At first I had all the words in different fonts, but some of the fonts didn’t look right curved so I changed all the fonts to Cheri
– In the center of the sign I added a sun, flip flops, and sunglasses
– The sign is ready to go, so I hit Make It and cut everything in vinyl on my Cricut Maker.
I weeded all the vinyl and did the layering for the sunglasses and the flip flops. Then using transfer tape, it’s time to put the sign together. The easiest way to do the transfer tape was to do a rectangle shape across the words.
It looks awesome with the words on the curve of the circle.
Then I added the images on the inside of the curved text.
I’m so happy Cricut Design Space finally has a curved feature.
- DIY Beach Art
- Personalized Popsicle Banner
- Summer Tank Top using Printable Iron-On
- Flip Flop Summer Sign
- Wooden Summer Sign with Iron-On Vinyl
- Flocking Fabulous Sunglasses Case
- Summer Ball Cap DIY
- Rapunzel Magic Hair Disneyland Shirt
- Summer Sun Drink Tray
- Holy Guacamole! It’s An Avocado Topiary!
- Fun Summer Unicorn Canvas
- Dragonfly & LilyPads